Connecticut DMV CDL Practice Test 2023 with study guide and manual. You can also download CT Commercial Driver’s License Permit Test (CDL) written exam questions and answers in PDF. The Department of Motor Vehicles, Connecticut conducted a knowledge test with an Endorsements Permit.
To get a commercial driver’s license (CDL) in Connecticut, you first need to get a commercial learner’s permit (CLP) and pass the skills test. Your CLP is good for one year. If you don’t get a CDL in that year, you need to retake and pass all the required tests to get a new permit.
Connecticut DMV CDL Practice Test 2023
Connecticut DMV Permit Practice Test 2023 (Common)
Connecticut CDL Endorsements Practice Test
Connecticut DMV CDL Knowledge Test 2023
Once your documentation is presented and accepted by a DMV representative, you are required to take and pass a general knowledge test depending on the type of commercial motor vehicle you intend to operate. Testing is offered by appointment only. Make an appointment at a DMV office. The general knowledge test consists of 50 questions (40 correct answers represent a passing score). To prepare for the test, study the Connecticut Commercial Driver’s Manual.
|Test Name||CT CDL Knowledge Test|
|Administered By||CT Department of Motor Vehicles|
|Purpose||To get a learner’s permit|
|Total Questions||50 questions|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice|
|Passing Score||You must correct 40 answers to pass|
|Time Limit||Not timed|
Connecticut CDL Endorsements tests
If you want to have additional endorsements added to your license, you are required to pass a test for each endorsement you apply for. This can be done when taking the CDL Permit Test.
- The hazardous materials endorsement test has 30 questions (need 24 correct to pass).
- The air brakes endorsement test has 25 questions (need 20 correct to pass).
- The combination vehicle, school bus, passenger, tanker, doubles, and triples endorsement tests have 20 questions (need 16 correct to pass).
CDL application age requirements
You need to meet the following age requirements based on the type of CDL you need:
- Be at least age 18
- Be at least age 21 to haul hazardous material
- Be at least age 21 to drive interstate
Connecticut DMV CDL Study Guide & Manuals
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Manual (PDF) (Rev. 12/15)
- Commercial driver’s license manual
- CDL Combination Vehicles Endorsement Study Guide [PDF]
- CDL School Bus Endorsement Study Guide [PDF]
- CDL Air Brakes Study Guide 2023 [PDF]