FSC Practice Test 2024 Free Online Questions Answers. Download printable PDF for the California Firearms Safety Certificate exam. To obtain a gun permit certificate, applicants must score a minimum of 75% in the written exam. Our FSC Practice Test consists of multiple choice and true/false question answers. The actual test is offered in English and Spanish languages.
The test is administered by California DOJ Certified Instructors, who are generally located at firearms dealerships. Our free FSC Practice Test will help you to prepare for your written exam better. Therefore, we have divided the questions and answers chapters-wise.
FSC Practice Test 2024
The following California Firearms Safety Certificate (FSC) practice test contains two types of questions MCQs and true/false. Try to practice each of the following chapter’s questions. The following FSC Practice Test questions are just sample questions the actual questions may differ from them.
- FSC Practice Test – Introduction
- FSC Practice Test – Chapter 1 Gun Safety Rules
- FSC Practice Test – Chapter 2 Firearms and Children
- FSC Practice Test – Chapter 3 Firearm Operation and Safe Handling
- FSC Practice Test – Chapter 4 Firearm Ownership
- FSC Practice Test – Chapter 5 Firearms Laws
California Firearms Safety Certificate exam
To purchase or acquire a firearm, you must have a valid FSC. To obtain an FSC, you must score at least 75% on an objective written test about firearms laws and safety requirements.
Firearm safety is the law in California. Every firearm owner should understand and follow firearm safety practices, have a
basic familiarity with the operation and handling of their firearm, and be fully aware of the responsibility of firearm
|Name of the training and certificate program
|California Firearms Safety Certificate
|Minimum 21 years of age, California residents with a valid driver’s license or an identification card issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles
|75% or higher.
|Ten (10) true/false questions and 20 multiple-choice questions
|Mode of Actual Test
|Test time duration
|Test Language Offered
|English and Spanish
|FSC Certificate Validity
|Official Online Course Link
|California Department of Justice
12 Basic Rules for Safe Firearm Handling
- 1. Always treat the gun as loaded.
- 2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- 3. Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- 4. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to shoot it.
- 5. Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
- 6. Be certain of your target and what is beyond it.
- 7. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of your gun before you use it.
- 8. Always use the proper ammunition.
- 9. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
- 10. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold your shooting position for a few seconds, then with your muzzle pointed in a safe direction, unload the gun.
- 11. Don’t rely on the gun’s safety to keep it from firing.
- 12. Be aware of your surroundings when handling guns so you don’t trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.
Teach yours to follow these rules if they see a gun:
- Stop what they’re doing.
- Do not touch the gun, even if it looks like a toy.
- Leave the area where the gun is.
- Tell an adult right away.
FSC Practice Test Study Guide
This study guide provides the basic firearm safety information necessary to pass the test. Following the firearm safety information in this guide will help reduce the potential for accidental deaths and injuries, particularly those involving children, caused by the unsafe handling and storing of firearms.
In addition to safety information, this study guide provides a general summary of the state laws that govern the sale and use of weapons. Finally, there is a glossary that defines the more technical terms used in the study guide.
- Official Study Guide Link