Idaho CDL Practice Test 2024 Study Guide [UPDATED]. Try our free Idaho CDL permit practice test with endorsements written test knowledge exam. You can also download free printable pdf of CDL knowledge test.
If you’re looking to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in Idaho, you’ll need to pass the Idaho CDL practice test. This test is designed to assess your knowledge of commercial driving regulations, safety practices, and skills required to operate a commercial vehicle.
Idaho CDL Practice Test 2024
The Idaho CDL practice test consists of multiple-choice questions, and you’ll need to answer at least 80% of the questions correctly in order to pass. The questions are drawn from a pool of hundreds of possible questions, so it’s important to study a variety of materials in order to be fully prepared.
Idaho Endorsements Practice Test 2024
Idaho CDL Knowledge Test
The questions on the Idaho CDL knowledge test are drawn from a pool of hundreds of possible questions, covering topics such as vehicle inspection, driving safely, transporting cargo safely, and air brakes. It’s important to study a variety of materials in order to be fully prepared for the test.
The Idaho CDL knowledge test actually consists of 50 multiple-choice questions, and you must answer at least 40 questions correctly in order to pass.
When taking the Idaho CDL knowledge test, it’s important to read each question carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked. Don’t rush through the test, and take your time to carefully consider each answer before selecting your choice.
|Idaho CDL Permit Test
|Department of Driver Services
|To get a Commercial learner’s permit
|50 on Road Rules and Road Signs
|80% must answer at least 40 correctly to pass
|Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Idaho CDL Requirements
In order to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in Idaho, you must meet certain requirements. Here are the general requirements for obtaining a CDL in Idaho:
- Age – You must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a CDL in Idaho. If you will be operating a commercial vehicle across state lines, you must be at least 21 years of age.
- Driver’s License – You must hold a valid Idaho driver’s license.
- Medical Certification – This is required to ensure that you are physically capable of safely operating a commercial vehicle.
- Knowledge Tests – You must pass the CDL knowledge test and any applicable endorsement tests.
- Skills Tests – wwhich includes a pre-trip inspection, a basic vehicle control test, and an on-road driving test.
- Background Check – You must pass a background check, which includes a check of your driving record and a criminal background check.
- Fees – You must pay the appropriate fees for obtaining a CDL in Idaho.
Idaho CDL License Types
n Idaho, there are several types of driver’s licenses that you can obtain depending on your age and the type of vehicle you will be operating. Here is a list of the driver’s license types available in Idaho:
- Class D – This is the standard driver’s license for passenger vehicles, such as cars and trucks.
- Class A – This license is required to operate combination vehicles with a total weight of 26,001 pounds or more, including the weight of the vehicle being towed.
- Class B – This license is required to operate single vehicles with a total weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or combination vehicles with a total weight of less than 26,001 pounds.
- Class C – This license is required to operate vehicles designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or vehicles used to transport hazardous materials.
- Motorcycle Endorsement – This endorsement is required to operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle.
Idaho CDL Endorsements:
In Idaho, there are several types of CDL endorsements that you can obtain in addition to your standard CDL. These endorsements allow you to operate specific types of vehicles or perform certain specialized tasks. Here is a list of the endorsements available in Idaho:
- H Endorsement – transporting hazardous materials.
- N Endorsement – operating tank vehicles.
- P Endorsement – operating passenger vehicles, such as buses.
- S Endorsement – operating a school bus.
- T Endorsement – operating double or triple trailers.
- X Endorsement – transporting hazardous materials and also operating a tank vehicle.
To obtain an endorsement, you must pass a separate knowledge test specific to the type of endorsement you are seeking.
Additionally, some endorsements may require additional skills tests, such as a driving test or a test of your ability to perform certain specialized tasks. It’s important to review the Idaho CDL Manual and speak with a representative at the Idaho DMV to determine which endorsements you may need and what the requirements are for obtaining them.
Idaho CDL Study Guide
One of the best resources for studying for the Idaho CDL knowledge test is the Idaho Commercial Driver’s License Manual. This manual covers all of the information you’ll need to know in order to pass the test, including information about commercial driving regulations, safety practices, and skills required to operate a commercial vehicle. You can download a copy of the manual from the Idaho DMV website or pick up a copy at any Idaho DMV office.