Delaware Motorcycle Permit Test 2023 With Study Guide and Manuals: You can download our free printable Delaware Motorcycle learner’s permit test PDF. These may help you to pass the written examination of the Delaware Department of Transportation, Delaware.
Any person who operates a motorcycle, motorbike, or another two or three-wheeled motor-driven vehicle on the highways shall have a driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement. Persons over the age of 18 must pass a written examination and road skills test exam to obtain a motorcycle permit endorsement.
Delaware Motorcycle Permit Test 2023
The actual motorcycle knowledge test consists of 25 questions of which 20 must be answered correctly to pass the test. All of the answers are found in the Delaware Motorcycle Operator Manual. Read each question completely and select the best answer. The answers to these test questions are listed at the end of this section.
Motorcycle Learner Permit
Once you have passed the knowledge exam, you will be issued a motorcycle permit which is valid for six months. You can extend the permit only once for an additional six months. You must apply for an extension at DMV before the expiration date and pay a $5.00 fee. The following restrictions apply when operating a motorcycle with a temporary instruction permit.
- 1. No passengers shall be allowed on the motorcycle.
- 2. Operating a motorcycle between sunset and sunrise is prohibited.
- 3. Approved safety helmet and eye protection must be worn.
- 4. Operation is not permitted on the federal interstate highway system.
Motorcycle endorsement Requirements
- You must be a Delaware licensed driver before applying for this endorsement.
- If you are less than 18 years of age
• you must complete the State approved Motorcycle Ride Education Course. Upon successful completion of the course, which includes a knowledge and skill test, you will receive a Student Completion Card (SCC). Present the SCC at the Division of Motor Vehicles, pay a fee of $12.00 (for 8yr license), pass an eye test and a motorcycle endorsement will be issued indicating your eligibility to operate a motorcycle. The SCC is valid for a period of six (6) months from the date of issue. A parents’ signature is required for M endorsement.
- If you are over 18 years of age:
• You must pass a written, eye and road sign test
|Test Name||Motorcycle Permit Test|
|Administered By||DE Department of Motor Vehicles|
|Purpose||To get a learner’s permit|
|Total Questions||25 questions|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice|
|Passing Score||You must correct 20 answers to pass|
|Time Limit||Not timed|
Upon satisfactorily completing all of the above requirements, a new photo driver license will be issued indicating your eligibility to operate a motorcycle. Renewal of a Driver License with a Motorcycle Endorsement is $12.00 (for 8yr license) in addition to your regular fee.
If you fail any part of the road exam, you should prepare yourself thoroughly to take it again at a later date.
Motorcycle Rider Classes:
New Castle County…… 302-832-5163
Delaware Motorcycle Permit Study Guide and Manuals
The Division publishes a Delaware Motorcycle Operator Manual which covers the requirements for the motorcycle endorsement, procedures to acquire the endorsement, testing requirements, and the basic knowledge needed to obtain this endorsement.
- Driver Manual (English)
- Motorcycle Manual
- Chinese Manual (中文)
- Haitian Creole Manual (Kreyòl)
- Korean Manual (한국어)
- Spanish Manual (Manual del Conductor)
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Manual
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Manual (Spanish)
- The Parents Supervised Driving Program
- Senior Driver Guide
- Senior Driver Guide (Español)
- Farm Manual