AZ Arizona CDL Permit Practice Test 2023 with Study Guide (PDF): with updated new rules of the official Arizona Division of the Arizona Department of Transportation (AZDOT) for Commercial Driver License written test exam by AZDOT.
Our Arizona Commercial Driver’s License Practice Test Questions and Answers to Pass Your AZ CDL Exam in One Attempt. In addition, you can download the Study Guide, manuals, and other CDL Endorsements Practice Test in PDF.
Arizona CDL Permit Practice Test
To get an AZ CDL, you must pass knowledge and skills tests. The following Arizona CDL Permit Practice Test will help you pass the tests;
Arizona CDL Endorsements Practice Test
In Arizona an endorsement allows a commercial driver to operate specific types of motor vehicles. Each endorsement test requires a knowledge test. Some endorsements may require a road skills test.
Arizona CDL Knowledge Test
Commercial Learner Permit (CLP)
First Time CDL Applicants? You must obtain a CDL Learner Permit to operate a vehicle requiring a CDL on the highway. The commercial learner permit is valid for a 6‐month period. The minimum age for a commercial learner permit is 21. If you are at least 18, you may apply for an intrastate commercial learner permit that is valid only in Arizona. Drivers under the age of 21 are prohibited from transporting placarded amounts of Hazardous Materials.
|Test Name||AZ Permit Test 2023|
|Purpose||To get a CDL permit license|
|Test mode||Computer Based Test|
|Items Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Time Limit||40 minutes|
Before a Commercial Learner Permit is issued, you will be required to successfully complete knowledge tests for the class and type of vehicle you wish to operate.
The applicant must answer at least 80 percent of the questions correctly on each knowledge test to achieve a passing score. Applicants must wait until the next business day to retake any failed knowledge tests. Appointments for retesting may be made by contacting a CDL office.
Skills (Driving) Test
A CDL Instruction/Learner Permit holder is not eligible to take the CDL Skills Test within 14 days of the initial issuance of the Commercial Instruction Permit.
Your vision may be screened for compliance with commercial driver’s license standards. If you wear prescription glasses or contact lenses for distance vision, be sure to wear them. You must have uncorrected vision of 20/40 or better in each eye in order to obtain an unrestricted license.
- Class A or B vehicle: $25
- Class C vehicle: $12.50
- Passenger or school bus endorsement: $5 (when adding to an existing CDL)
- To qualify for an Arizona CDL, Arizona must be the person’s state of domicile.
- The minimum age for a commercial driver license is 21. If you are at least 18, you may apply for an intrastate commercial driver license that is valid only in Arizona.
- Arizona requires all CDL or CLP drivers, including those in the military, to keep a current Medical Examiner Certificate on file with MVD.
Arizona CDL Endorsement Test
- General Knowledge (compulsory for everyone)
- Air Brakes (required to drive vehicles with air brakes)
- Six Endorsement Tests
○ P: Passenger Transport
○ X: Tank Vehicle/Hazardous Materials Combination
○ H: Hazardous Material
○ N: Tank Vehicles
○ T: Double/Triples Trailers
○ S: School Bus
Arizona CDL Permit Study Guide
We hope this guide will be helpful and provide customers of the Arizona Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) with better access to services and information. This section outlines the steps on how to acquire an Arizona Commercial Driver License (CDL) or Commercial Learner Permit (CLP). For the most up-to-date information, please visit our website at AZMVDNow.gov.
- Arizona Driver License Manual(link is external) (English)
- Motorcycle Operator Manual
- Commercial Driver License Manual(link is external) [PDF]
- CDL Section 9: Hazardous Materials(link is external)[PDF]
- CDL Section 10: School Buses [PDF]