Alabama CDL Practice Test 2023 with Study Guide [New Rules Updated]: Check our Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Commercial Driver License permit practice test questions and answers free.
In addition, you can practice Alabama CDL General Knоwlеdgе with Endorsement tests like Air Brake, Combination vehicles, Doubles and Triples, Tank, Hazardous, and Passenger online quiz.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency urges you to study diligently the contents of this manual before you visit a Commercial Driver License CDL Test site for testing.
Alabama CDL Practice Test 2023
CDL Endorsements Practice Test
Alabama CDL or CLP Written Test
To get a CDL or CLP, you must pass knowledge and skills tests. You will have to take one or more knowledge tests, depending on what class of license and what endorsements you need. The CDL knowledge tests include:
- General knowledge test, taken by all applicants.
- Passenger transport test, taken by all bus driver applicants.
- Air brakes test, which you must take if your vehicle has air brakes, including air over hydraulic brakes.
- Combination vehicles test, which is required if you want to drive combination vehicles.
- A hazardous materials test is required if you want to haul hazardous materials as defined in 49 CFR 383.5. I
- A tank vehicle test is required if you want to haul any liquid or gaseous materials in a tank.
- Doubles/triples test is required if you want to pull double or triple trailers.
- A School Bus test is required if you want to drive a school bus.
AL CDL Skills Test
If you pass the required knowledge test(s), you can take the CDL skills test when you are eligible. The CDL Skills Test consists of three segments: Vehicle inspection, basic vehicle control, and on-road driving.
Alabama CDL Licence Class
- Class A Combination Vehicles.
- Class B Heavy Straight Vehicles.
- Class C Small Vehicles
Alabama CDL Endorsements
All commercial drivers who drive certain types of vehicles or haul certain types of cargo must add endorsements to their CDL license and/or Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) to show that they have the specialized knowledge required for these operations. There are six kinds of CDL endorsements that may be required, depending on the vehicle or type of cargo.
N – Tanks 1,000 gallons or greater
H – Hazardous materials
X – Tanks and Haz Mat
T – Double/triple trailers
P – Greater than 15 passengers including the driver
S – School bus
Alabama CDL Offices
- CULLMAN 256-775-4822 500 Second Avenue SW Room 3
- DOTHAN 334-983-5616 5679 Montgomery Hwy
- EVERGREEN 251-578-5726 106 Hillcrest Drive
- HAMILTON 205-921-4743 4521 Military Street – South
- HUNTSVILLE 256-539-0681 1115-A Church Street
- JACKSONVILLE 256-435-7006 1703 Pelham Road South
- MOBILE 251-660-2331 3400 Demetropolis Road
- MONTGOMERY 334-274-0307 1040 Coliseum Blvd.
- OPELIKA 334-742-9986 1220 Foxrun Parkway Ste. A-4
- SELMA 334-875-1341 100 Church Street
- SHEFFIELD 256-383-2923 4500 Hatch Blvd.
- SUMITON 205-648-2991 Bevill State Community College
- TUSCALOOSA 205-553-0729 2645 Skyland Blvd. East
To make an appointment for knowledge or skills testing, go to www.alea.gov . Under Driver License, Under Online Services, look for Schedule DL Appointment to find the locations offering online scheduling.