US Citizenship Test Question Answers 2023 [UPDATED]. Some answers may change because of elections or appointments on the naturalization test. As you study for the test, you know the most current answers to these questions. Answer these questions with the name of the official serving at the time of your eligibility interview with USCIS. The USCIS Officer will not accept an incorrect answer.
The 100 civics (history and government) questions and answers for the naturalization test are listed below. The civics test is an oral test and the USCIS Officer will ask the applicant up to 10 of the 100 civics questions. An applicant must answer 6 out of 10 questions correctly to pass the civics portion of the naturalization test.
US Citizenship Test Question Answers 2023 [UPDATED]
|Name of the Exam
||US Citizenship Test Question Answers
||Naturalization Test 2023
|Number of Question
||Sample Questions Answers
|Free Printable PDF
US Citizenship Test Question Answers 2023 [UPDATED]
Read each question carefully. Then write your answer to the question as a complete sentence.
1. How many stars were on the first American flag?
2. What do the stars on the flag represent?
3. How many stars are on the American flag today?
4. What color are the stripes on the flag?
5. Who sewed the first American flag according to legend?
6. What is the capital of the United States?
7. What does D.C. in Washington, D.C., mean?
8. How many states are in the Union?
9. What is celebrated on July 4?
10. What great river divides the United States from north to south?
11. What was the Boston Tea Party?
12. What happened on July 4, 1776?
13. Who was the first President of the United States?
14. Who is the President of the United States today?
15. Who is the Vice President of the United States today?
16. What is the Electoral College?
17. What is the Oval Office?
18. What is the name of the mansion in which the President lives?
19. What document describes the American government?
20. What is a change to the Constitution called?
21. Over what major issue was the Civil War fought?
22. Which branch of government makes the laws?
23. What does an amendment do to the Constitution?
24. How many amendments to the Constitution have there been?
25. Where is the West Wing?
26. Which branch of government carries out our laws?
27. What does the President’s cabinet do?
28. What two chambers make up Congress?
29. How long is a senator’s term?
30. How many senators are there?
31. Who are the senators from your state?
32. What is a bill?
33. How many representatives are there in the House?
34. For how many years is a representative to the House elected?
35. What branch of government does the President head?
36. What does the Judicial Branch of government do?
37. What is the highest court in the land?
38. What is the supreme law of the land?
39. What is the Bill of Rights?
40. What is the capital of your state?
41. Who is the governor of your state?
42. Who becomes President if the President and the Vice President die?
43. Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
44. Who is President of the Senate?
45. What is Patrick Henry famous for saying?
46. Who were our enemies in World War II?
47. Which state was the last to join the Union?
48. For how many terms can a president serve?
49. What happened to Martin Luther King, Jr., in 1968?
50. In what year did men land on the moon?
51. Where must a person be born to become president?
52. What is the largest state in the Union?
53. What is the smallest state in the Union?
54. How many Supreme Court justices are there?
55. What ocean borders the United States in the east?
56. What is the chief executive of a state government called?
57. What is the chief executive of a city government called?
58. What did the Pilgrims celebrate with the Native Americans?
59. Who was the major writer of the Declaration of Independence?
60. What is the introduction of the Constitution called?
61. From what colony did Washington and Jefferson come?
62. What is the national anthem of the United States?
63. Who wrote the words to the national anthem?
64. Where will you find the right of “freedom of speech”?
65. What country borders the United States in the south?
66. What country borders the United States in the north?
67. Which court is the highest in the United States?
68. Who was president during the Civil War?
69. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
70. What is Mount Vernon?
71. Who is called the Father of Our Country?
72. What benefit does a person get from American citizenship?
73. Who helped the Pilgrims?
74. Where did the Pilgrims’ ship land in the New World?
75. What were the original 13 states called before the Revolutionary War?
76. Where do you find the right of “freedom of the press”?
77. Who has the power to declare war?
78. What is it called if the President refuses to sign a bill into law?
79. How did Abraham Lincoln die?
80. Which president ordered the building of the Transcontinental Railroad?
81. What did Thomas Edison invent?
82. How did the cotton gin help cotton planters?
83. Where does Congress meet?
84. What is an amendment?
85. Who is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces?
86. Who cannot become President of the United States?
87. Where can you find the right of “freedom of religion”?
88. Who meets in the U.S. Capitol?
89. What is a war president?
90. Whose official home is the White House?
91. Where do you find the right of “freedom of assembly”?
92. What is the President’s office called?
93. Who becomes President if the President dies?
94. Who was the first commander-in-chief of the American military?
95. In what month are presidential elections held?
96. What occupation did most Americans have during colonial times?
97. How many times can a senator be reelected?
98. How many times can a representative be reelected?
99. What are the two major political parties in America?
100. What two regions fought during the Civil War?